The publication – published as “an essential part of any quality control regime for petroleum testing laboratories” – is the 72nd edition and details 322 full test methods, including seven brand new methods.
The EI is regarded as a world-class leader in test method development, with the EI Test Method Standardisation Committee working closely with international standards agencies, as well as publishing jointed methods to produce British, European and international standards.
The newest test methods to be included in the edition are:
- 604/13 Lubricants, industrial oils and related products – determination of the foaming and air release properties of industrial gear oils using a spur gear test rig
- 605/13 Petroleum products – determination of content of Benzo(a)pyrene (BaP0) and selected polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in extender oils
- 606/13 Automotive fuels – determination of high-boiling components including FAME in petrol
- 607/13 Automotive fuels – determination of iodine value in FAME
- 612/14 Diesel and domestic heating fuels – determination of cold filter plugging point
- 613/14 Determination of the viable aerobic microbial content of fuels and associated water
- 614/14 Liquefied petroleum gases – determination of dissolved residue
The publication is sold as a three-volume set and includes a searchable USB stick.
IP Standard Methods for analysis and testing of petroleum and related products, and British Standard 2000 Parts, 2014